Thursday, October 06, 2005

seven eleven in Stockholm

Well, it's nearly the end of our acquaintance with Stockholm. The album has been recorded and we're all over the moon with how it's turned out. It's still to be mixed right enough, but that's ok because we get to come back to Sweden to do so, and we get to meet Jari our producer again. He's the best!
Can't remember where we're mixing exactly, but I know it's far down south near the border with Denmark. Shame it's not Stockholm because I really love this place.
It's my last night here and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I've spent the day taking photos of my friend Petra in a vintage clothes shop. Actually, I didn't really take them, I just told the photographer what to do. We managed to take over the whole place in the process. The lady was very nice and she made us coffee and let us try the clothes on. Fun, fun, fun. After all the commotion we caused I just hope we can use one of the pictures for a single or the album cover.
Back to tonight. What will I do? I don't want you to think I'm Billy no mates here. I do have friends here, in fact I have some very good friends here but they're busy and I feel like being alone to reflect over the past two weeks anyway. I was going to get carried away and say that they were the best two weeks of my life there but I shouldn't really, that will only do a disservice to other brilliant times. I'm sounding very sentimental eh? I do feel quite emotional actually and I probably will have a little cry later while wandering around listening to The Cocteau Twins Peel Sessions and pretending to be local for one last time.
Right, I think you get the picture. We've all had a great time and I personally have had a bloody great time. I don't want to get on the plane tomorrow but I will because I know once I get back to Glasgow I'll be happy in a way. Plus, we've got a record to start promoting.
Thanks for letting me rabbit...
Tracyanne

5 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Does anyone know how I can get the single with "I love my jean" on it in the States? I can't find it anywhere, I think it'll cost a fortune to get it shipped from the label. Thanks,
Josh

10:13 pm  
Blogger . said...

amazon.com seems to have several copies new and used starting from $5.58.

2:56 am  
Blogger . said...

if only i had known sooner that camera obscura were playing in glasgow this month. i'm going to scotland for the first time and am missing the john peel show by a week! wah!! soooo unfair.

2:59 am  
Blogger J said...

Thanks guys, I didn't look as hard on Amazon as I should have, but I will soon be the proud owner of their single.

7:12 pm  
Blogger modiplop said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home